Whether it be a new puppy requiring transport to it’s new forever home, a stud dog travelling for a mating or transporting an entire show or racing team, Bay City Pet Travel can help you with all of your dog transport needs.
– No puppies under the age of 8 weeks
– Do not feed your pet on the day of travelling
– Animal/s must be in good health
It is important that any pet travelling is in the correct size travel crate. If the crate is too small, your dog or cat may be very uncomfortable which may result in them being sore and stiff on arrival. For the welfare of the animals, airlines are very strict in ensuring that the dog or cat be able to stand in a natural position and be able to turn around and lay down comfortably. If your pet cannot do this, the airline may simply refuse to transport your animal. It is for this reason that we ensure that your pet is travelling in the correct crate.
Powerful and strong animals including Staffies, Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, Dobermans, Rottweilers etc, can break through plastic and therefore need to be in a metal container. This container CANNOT be collapsible.
– Measurement (cm) from nose to base of tail = (A)
– Measurement (cm) from the floor to the top of the dog/cat’s head whilst standing = (B)
– Measurement (cm) the widest point of the dog (usually shoulders) = (C)
If you are unsure of which crate would be the correct crate for your pet, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be able to help you.